The Charles E. Booth Preaching Conference came into being in 2011 to address the issue of dearth when considering the current trend in preaching, in general, and African-American preaching in particular. The absence of the pulpit prophetic in addressing the concerns that challenge our people necessitate such a conference.
The purpose of having the conference:
1. Keeping Passion in One’s Preaching
2. Christ-Centered Preaching in Contemporary Life
3. Building Relationships in the Preaching Fraternity
4. Strengthen the Preacher’s Devotional Life
5. Remaining True to the Sermonic Ingredients: the Wedding of Information and Inspiration